Tay Jardine is wearing the Bad Decision Raw Edge Cut Sleeve T-Shirt in Heather Grey from Glamour Kills. This top is available at many stores including Amazon, Evo, Zumiez, Impericon, and Just Another for $23.95 and up.
Carly Rae Jepsen is wearing the cropped Heart Flock Trousers from Topshop ($76.00). Her exact pale pink color is sold out, but you can still buy them in the raspberry color.
Kerli is wearing a Neon Pink & Black Sheer Mesh Bodysuit ($34.95) from eBay seller tambukiki. This cyber/raver style romper has sheer mesh panels on the chest and sides and really cool structural sleeves. The pink version is sold out at the moment, but you can still buy it in lime green.
Millionaires’ Melissa Marie Green and Allison Green both wore the I’m So 80′s Cropped Tank from Dirty Shirty, on sale for only $9.00. Melissa wore it in pink while Allison wore the blue version. It’s also available in neon yellow.
Amy Heidemann wore the Printed Sweetheart Two-Tone Mini Dress from American Apparel in Barcelona Stripe / Black ($54.00) at Karmin’s show in Grand Rapids, MI yesterday. This bodycon dress has a multicolored stripe print on the body and a mesh top.
I know that this a fashion blog and I should be telling you how to look fabulous at Warped Tour, but the fact of the matter is that Warped is simply not the time or place for your best outfit. It’s far more important to be comfortable. Standing on your feet in the hot sun all day can be brutal even if you are properly dressed. Here are some practical tips on how to dress for Warped Tour:
- DO wear sneakers like Converse or Vans, preferably a beat-up pair.
- DO wear socks because your feet will be sweating.
- DON’T wear heels, you are going to be on your feet all day and you will inevitably regret this.
- DON’T wear flip flops, it’s too easy to lose them.
- DON’T wear boots, they’ll make your feet sweaty. Plus I never wear my combat boots to shows because I love them and don’t want them getting beat up!
- DO wear light colors.
- DO wear something loose.
- DO wear a t-shirt, tank top, or other cotton top.
- DON’T wear tube tops, it’s too easy for them to fall down.
- DON’T wear a polyester blouse, it doesn’t breathe.
- DO wear shorts. You’ve got lots of options here from denim cutoffs to tie-waist styles.
- DO wear bike shorts underneath if you choose to wear a skirt. Personally I would feel overdressed in a skirt since Warped is very casual, but I do think it’s possible to be comfortable in a flowy skirt.
- DON’T wear jeans or other pants. About the only pair of pants that won’t make you sweat are wide leg linen trousers.
- DO keep your hair off your neck. Ponytails and buns are easy options while side braids or braided pigtails may be more stylish.
- DON’T wear any valuable jewelry. Personally I would not wear any jewelry at all.
- DON’T wear anything that gets in the way of you having fun! If you’re afraid to get to close to the stage because you don’t want a crowdsurfer kicking their dirty feet on your brand new straw fedora, you shouldn’t wear it.
I’m gearing up to go to Warped Tour tomorrow, so I thought I’d share some tips on what you should pack.
A tote bag or backpack
Some people go bag-less but if you plan on bringing food or buying any merch, it’s good to have a bag. A cheap tote will do, though I prefer a zippered tote so that you can swing it around without anything falling out. A lot of kids bring backpacks as they are much easier to mosh with! Definitely don’t bring your fancy leather purse.
Plastic bags for your electronics
On my first Warped Tour, I put my digital camera in my bag next to my water bottle…Big mistake! The perspiration from the water bottle got on the camera and it was ruined. So put all of your electronics in ziplock bags. Double bag it to be safer.
An empty or unopened water bottle
No matter what the venue rules are normally, Warped Tour will make sure that you can bring in an empty or unopened water bottle. They don’t want you to die. And I’m not being overdramatic here, people really have died of dehydration at Warped Tour so please do not be that person — keep hydrated! There are free water fill-up stations, but the lines can be long so I recommend you stop by a gas station on your way and pick up a full disposable water bottle. Just make sure you don’t open it! The venues don’t want you bringing in alcohol so they won’t allow any open beverage. A lot of venues will open it and toss the cap so bring an extra cap if you can.
As with water bottles, normal venue rules don’t apply here. You can’t bring a cooler or a giant stash (I’ve seen boxes of cheese-itz get trashed), but you shouldn’t have any problem with a sandwich and a piece of fruit. Bringing food saves you money and saves you time spent waiting in lines.
It’s not absolutely necessary to bring it with you, but you definitely want to cover yourself in sunblock.
I’d seen this tip floating around the internet for a long time and I never needed it until recently, it all depends on the venue. But you don’t want to find yourself in a porta-potty with no toilet paper so play it safe on this one. Stash some tissue or toilet paper into your bag.
An eyeglass case
This is only if you wear glasses, of course. I’m always nervous about breaking my glasses at shows, but if you can put them in a hard case in your bag then you know they’re safe.
This should be pretty obvious, but be sure to bring some money to buy merch, food and water. Some bands will accept credit cards, but everyone takes cash!
That’s all that I plan on bringing. Leave a comment if you have any other tips you’d like to share.
LIGHTS wears a top and shorts from American Apparel in her latest photoshoot. Her top is the Cotton Spandex Jersey Crop Tee ($25.00) (which we just posted about Hayley Williams wearing) and her shorts are the Denim Front Button Short ($46.00).